Hi, I’m Aadhav Prabu
An Engineering Enthusiast With A Passion To Productize Innovative Solutions
Hello, I'm Aadhav Prabu
A freshman in UC Berkeley’s M.E.T. dual degree program from the College of Engineering and Haas School of Business, studying Engineering and Business Administration. I am also the Founder and Executive Director of The Steam Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit on a mission to make STEAM education accessible to all K-12 students. As an entrepreneur in the AI space, my interests include AI/ML, LLMs, Neural Nets, CS/Programming, Product Management, Leadership, Business/Entrepreneurship, & Research.
Check out a few of my most interesting projects!
- All Projects
- AI Powered Projects
- ML Models/Systems
- Other Projects
Experienced in programming with HTML, Java, and Python
Leading a team of 125+ paid/volunteer staff members
Founded a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit to spread STEAM education
Passionate about AI/Machine Learning, specifically LLMs
Experienced in Computer Science and Software Engineering
9 years of experience in Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Check out a few of my recent work experiences!
Jan 2021 – Present
- Founded an international 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Foundation dedicated to spreading Steam Education through virtual Steam Camps and in-person School Chapters
- Currently leading a team of 125+ student volunteers to facilitate 100+ virtual STEAM education camps and 30+ community outreach for 4000+ students globally, including international chapters in Vietnam, Nicaragua, and South Africa.
- Raised $20,000+ in crowdfunding and corporate sponsorships from companies such as MakerBot Industries and Crimson Education
Mar 2022 – May 2023
- Worked under Professor Hayden Taylor in his Design for Nanoscale Manufacturing Lab at UC Berkeley
- Researched the modularity of Computed Axial Lithography (CAL), a cutting-edge manufacturing technology
- Applied computational mechanics to write MatLab algorithms to optimize CAL toolpath in new model called RotationCAL (9x speed improvement)
Jan 2020 – May 2023
- Led a team of 5 interns to design and build a solution to streamline the student registration process of ITA
- Proposed the idea of creating a chatbot as opposed to the initial plan of creating a SQL database and online form
- Built a Facebook Messenger-based chatbot that utilizes AI to digitize the registration process for 4000+ students across the Bay Area
- Presented final product at Diaspora Tamil Education Conference (DTEC) to 50+ delegates from 10+ countries
Jun 2022 – Aug 2022
- Collected data for and developed an AM Materials Database using JS, MySQL, & JSON, growing it 4x the initial size
- Developed an application for web-based 3D CAD visualization using Java, JS, CSS, HTML, and PHP
- Conducted market research in the domains of AM and CAD
Check out a few recommendations from a few people I’ve worked with!
“I have known Aadhav for six years and personally supervised him as he established, developed, and refined an amazing curriculum for a 3D printing club for middle schoolers, and continued to build on this concept, founding a nonprofit, The Steam Foundation. Aadhav’s drive and motivation for his goal and prior success in doing so was the reason I came on board with his organization. In recent months I have observed Aadhav as he worked tirelessly to form a team and launch The Steam Foundation. He was able to identify all of the requirements to launch a nonprofit and complete them independently and successfully. As a board member, he has done a great job in keeping me updated and collecting my input when necessary. Overall, I believe that he would make an excellent candidate for any endeavor, and I am proud to recommend him.”
Terrylynne Turner, MLIS
Board Member, The Steam Foundation
“I am the parent of Arjun Ganesh, who attended the workshop series by Aadhav Prabu. Arjun attended the workshop series, which was held in an online format. He really enjoyed this workshop and the workshop was very professionally done, more so considering the difficult transition in providing educational material via the online format. One great thing about this course was the professionalism and excellent communication provided by Aadhav. The parents received immediate feedback after the class about the course material covered, the homework and the deadline for submission at the end of each class. After the course, I set up a meeting with Aadhav for feedback about Arjun for his own development. Aadhav’s feedback about him was very useful to me. It demonstrated his maturity and a depth of understanding beyond his age. It is obvious he is passionate about this cause of providing STEM education and he has the knowledge to provide an excellent education. I am convinced that if given a chance he would make a success out of any enterprise he is entrusted with, I fully support his endeavors.”
Sangeetha Prabhakaran, MD FACS
Parent, Fall 2020 Workshop Series